Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What Book's It Going to Be Then, eh?

Several blogs have posted this test that matches your personality with a great novel.

I was A Clockwork Orange (57% Great Book – whatever that means, no one seems to know). Interesting that the novel follows the protagonist through his hedonistic, unsympathetic youth to his jail time and then his integration back into society. He looks back at his youth, and although he knows what he did was wrong, he believes it is part of growing up.

Interesting because, I took the test after I witnessed several adolescents at lunchtime the other day, not doing anything untoward, but just being adolescents. And I thought, as I often have, what a horrible age, but also necessary. I had to go through being 14 to learn those lessons. I wish the 30 year old me could have imparted wisdom on the 14 year old me, but I know that she never would have listened…

Oh, and I won't take it personally that the book I was aligned with has one screwed up main character...

2 comments:

Steven W. Beattie said...

Don't take it personally, Steph. I'm Nineteen Eighty-Four, but I'd much rather be A Clockwork Orange.

boods said...

i am moby dick, a classic that nobody actually wants to read. who wrote that test anyway? stupid test.