Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Naturally Nude Naturists

Growing up in a family with parents from "the old country" and "across the pond," I have become well versed in the lexicon of the Brits. I know you eat biscuits, live in a flat, and chuck baggage in the boot of a car. A lift is an elevator, a jumper is a sweater, and bloody hell, you offer anyone a "cuppa" that pops 'round yours for a chat. I can even quickly translate "pants" for "underwear" and avoid any embarassing situation involving references to knickers.

But naturists for nudists?

The word "naturist" conjures up images of people in sunhats and binoculars, creeping through the woods; not images of saggy bums and well, other wobbly bits, laid bare on the beach.

"Naturist" seems like a modest, unassuming word that is used to describe a more conspicuous type of sunbather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Interesting reading what you think of naturist/nudists.
Being one (or other) all my life I can recomend it, what ever it's called!
Cheers,
Laurie (yes, I'm a brit) Jeffery