Friday, June 02, 2006

Notes from the Classroom

Okay, this is slightly self-indulgent, but when you're a teacher and a kid says something funny or you say something you never thought you'd have to in your life; you only have yourself to laugh with. And so, I share:

CUTE KID QUOTES

My children were using unit cubes to explore division problems with remainders when one student became convinced that one of his unit cubes had been taken by a fellow student. He said to me, “I had remainder 7 and now I only have remainder 6! She has my cube!”

PHRASES YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D UTTER...

I said this right after a boy fell on his hands and knees, positioned his face 10cm from the floor, and blew out his nose as hard as he could: “If you have something up your nose, get a tissue. Now, can you find the booger and clean it up."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love funny kid stories! You made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Tell us more stories. I wish I had written down some of the special ones I heard.